today I’m giving you guys a tour of my bohemian dorm room along with all the details! I hope you can gain some inspiration from this post and apply it to your own area whether it be your dorm room, apartment, home, ect.! I love decorating therefore, I wanted to share the fun I had with you guys!
(if you wear this hopefully your tan lines aren’t as bad as mine! haha)
- When decorating small areas you do not need to use small things! This will just make the room feel smaller than it is!
- Personalization is key! Especially when you are living away from home you want to make your space feel like home for the time you are there!
- Don’t be afraid to mix patterns, it will give your room dimension and add visual interest! (If my mom reads this she will laugh at me because she always tells me I go overboard… this may be true! Sorry I can’t help myself!
THE BED SPACE
Exact watercolor world map: Marshalls Home Goods
Lip art: Painted by yours truly (:
Picture Frame: Marshalls Home Goods
Elephant Wall Hooks: Meijer
HOW TO: VISUAL BOARD
So most often when you are decorating spaces you have to use your creative mind and buy different pieces from different stores!! This can be hard though because how are you suppose to know if it’s going to match and what if doesn’t look right with what you purchased from the past store! Well to solve that problem here’s what I do…
- I pick a color palette and stay within that palette that I pick through all my stores I do shopping at!
- I do some of my shopping in stores and some online therefore, I create a visual board for myself!
- So whether you buy your things online, in store, or both, most often you can find the piece you are considering online! So what I do is I go to the websites of the different pieces I am considering and I screen shot each piece. Then I transfer those screenshots into a document where I can place them next to each other to get a better visual! To give you a better idea, below is my document for my visual board I created for my dorm room!
THE LIVING SPACE
Three Bin Wood Rack: Marshalls Home Goods
Side Table: Meijer
Throw Blanket: Marshalls Home Goods
Have a great week loves!
“Do it with passion or not at all.”